daveg7777

Dave Green's Read Alerts

Queen and Country: A Gentleman's Game
Greg Rucka
The Halfling's Gem - R.A. Salvatore I'll write a full review when I have the time, but for now, here's...

DAVE'S FINAL JUDGMENT -

THE DEFENSE
- Salvatore once again proves that he's one of the best at describing action sequences
- Lightning quick pace and non-stop action ensures Salvatore has many opportunities to prove the above claim
- While Drizzt may be the star of the show, Bruenor, Wulfgar, Regis, and especially Cattie-Brie are all given their moments to shine
- Features more originality than the previous books of The Icewind Dale Trilogy
- Artemis constantly reminds us why he's one of the most popular villains in the Forgotten Realms

THE PROSECUTION
- While many interesting things happen, the overall story is disappointingly shallow and amounts to little more than a 300-page chase sequence

THE VERDICT
This book has much in common with a really good action movie. It doesn't reinvent the genre or challenge you cerebrally. Rather, it simply takes you on a wild ride and ensures you're enjoying it every step of the way!