daveg7777

Dave Green's Read Alerts

Queen and Country: A Gentleman's Game
Greg Rucka
Coyote Blue - Christopher Moore With so many laugh-out-loud moments, Coyote Blue is a fractured fairy-tale worth reading, even if Christopher Moore's second book does suffer from sophomore slump!

I'll write a full review when I have time, but for now here's...

DAVE'S FINAL JUDGMENT -

THE DEFENSE
- Often hysterically funny
- Eclectic cast of characters grab your attention and never let go
- Moore's wit and creativity are on full display
- Refreshingly original

THE PROSECUTION
- Attempts to mix comedy and drama are less than successful, leaving the dramatic moments ineffective
- Moore's absurdist writing style is not for everyone
- Story limps to the finish line in a disappointing final act

THE VERDICT
"Coyote Blue" is certainly not perfect, but still has a lot to offer anyone looking for something a little different, as well as a lot of laughs!