daveg7777

Dave Green's Read Alerts

Queen and Country: A Gentleman's Game
Greg Rucka
Swamp Thing, Vol. 4: A Murder of Crows - Alan Moore, Ron Randall, Stephen R. Bissette, Stan Woch, John Totleben, Rick Veitch, Alfredo Alcala Mustering all her faith and courage she turned, resolving to look the death behind her squarely in the face...but it didn't seem to have one." Whoa...those Invunche are the freakiest things I've ever seen...well, ANYWHERE, really!

This edition was a little more hot-and-cold for me...the opening story involving a hippie getting high off Swamp Thing just fell flat, and the two-parter "Ghost Dance" was a little too similar to the Actors-in-the-Bayou story from the last edition. But when this book is good, it's REALLY REALLY GOOD!!! The main storyline featuring intriguing magician John Constantine and Swamp Thing teaming up to stop a horrific evil from entering the world is brilliant and exciting. But for my money, the best part of this edition is "Boogeyman"...despite the fact that there's very little supernatural elements to it, this serial killer story manages to be truly terrifying, reminding us that the most dangerous thing walking amongst humans isn't vampires or ghost, it's other humans!

BOOGEYMAN FUN FACT - The Boogeyman from Swamp Thing is later referenced in Neil Gaiman's "A Doll's House" edition of Sandman!!!