daveg7777

Dave Green's Read Alerts

Queen and Country: A Gentleman's Game
Greg Rucka
Storm Front - Jim Butcher This book reminds me why I'm so sad to see more and more bookstores close as many people are now getting their books from handheld devices instead. I discovered this book purely by accident (and before the Dresden Files became well-known), as I was browsing a bookstore one day and the cover caught my eye. Decided to get it on a whim as it sounded interesting, and Wow, I wasn't disappointed!

Harry Dresden has been described as a grown-up "Harry Potter", and I've thoroughly enjoyed the series spotlighting this "wizard-for-hire". The Dresden saga starts with this book, and it's incredibly fast-paced with a lead character who's funny and charismatic. This book is packed with humor, horror, and action. Definitely a must-read!